Ballads of the Bay
The House Creation Rules in A Song of Ice & Fire RPG are exactly as stated in the book with the following exceptions:
- All players have the option of building Individual Houses instead of building a single house together.
- Players stepping into the game new may choose from Existing Houses to play within.
- Step One: The Realm When choosing a Realm for your house to be within, your options are limited to those Houses surrounding the Bay. See the list below:
|The Riverlands | The Westerlands | The North | The Iron Islands
- Initial Modifications, p97 Each house created may add three additional dice to the starting Attributes of a house. These may be rolled one at a time. In fact, it’s recommended.
- Table 6-3: First Founding, p99 You may opt to select Recent or New if you do not wish to roll randomly to determine your houses First Founding.
- Historical Events, p98 You must roll each historical event randomly. The number of historical events is determined by your roll based on your houses First Founding.
- Heirs is a confusing bit of information. Please note that The Heirs Status Table, P103 is accurate to defining your character’s starting Status with the following exceptions: A distinguishing position other than heir to your house may raise your starting status higher. Also note that Status 3 is the mark for standard nobility and thus even Second Sons or Other Children may start at a Status of 3, reguardless of your Houses maximum status. Bastards are typically Status of 2.
- Banner Houses cost differently than depicted in the book. Please see the wiki page for more details.